Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Week 1

Tonight I watched an amazing video on digital text...multimedia....hypertext..... I found that the possiblity of connectedness is exciting as we continue forward in the 21st century.

I enjoyed learning about Wiki's and Blogs.

I found the amount of work required for this semester overwhelming! There is so much out of class work to complete while we are attempting to finish the year, plan Pd's and have a life too!

I do not look forward to redoing my portfolio....I know that it is good to be able to do this and review for the exit interview...but the task seems daunting! I spent so much time redoing it after the design course..I am not excited to do it again.

Maybe I am just tired. :-)......we have learned so much and I know that it will be fun to see what we create this semester.

8 comments:

Marc Smith said...

Buck up little scout! Little is won on the sidelines; we gotta dig in to dig out.

My soccer coach used to say this. It motivated me when I was nine; I thought it would help.

Carrie said...

WOW Marc, what a nice way to show moral support! Not me, Jodi. I'm feeling the same way. It is a little overwhelming, but having a group of teachers to share the experience with does make it better.

Kevin S said...

If a locust swarm is capable of devouring tons of vegetation daily, I suspect if you sprinkle som "locust technology dust" on your keyboard, you'll devour this course.

Think of the portfolio redesign as a source of freedom - breaking the chais of the format that binds it.

Who said that you can have a life whilst persuing a PhD?

Kevin S said...

Wow, do I feel stupid or what! For some reason I thought that this was Natalie's blog. Oh, well.

Jodi, perhaps a sarcophagus will land in the carpark outside our cohort meeting place (I can't ever remember the name of that building)with a grandmother dedicated to completing graduate school tasks for us.

Carrie is right, we're all in this together, so don't sweat it. On the other hand, I could bring you a shovel, so that you can "dig in to dig out." Let me know, because it might take me some time to locate my shovel. Never mind, grandma is sure to have one.

Wen~ said...

Marc, I love that! Although I'm feeling overwhelmed too, as Josh said last night...We always feel this way the first night and it always gets done. We can do it, Jodi!

Bill Warrick said...

:) I can't think of anything to add. It's great to have the support of the team.

It always is daunting, and it always gets done. You're going to be able to sit back in a month or so and look back and say WOW! I did all that??

The weird thing is that you won't remember a lot of it until about 6 months have passed and then it will all come back to you. If a study hasn't been done on it, it should!

Step-by-step... that's how we've done everything. It'll all get done... :)

Josh said...

You will do fine Jodi:) we are all here to help. I think that in the end as Bill said we will be sitting soon on a chair looking there missing those Wednesday's wondering how in the world we did all of this...It will be great.

Anonymous said...

Wendy - You are correct; we do always feel overwhelmed after the first night and we always find a way to get it all done...can we fast forward to July 1?