Thursday, May 31, 2007

May 31, 2007

Week 3
I enjoyed watching Bill play with the toys! I am definitely a digital immigrant because I can't watch and get it...I need to do it.

I found that working on the position paper was loads of fun! :-) I do believe that having an Instructional Coordinator at the elementary school is a needed position.

Wiki's have loads of potential in the classroom! I look forward to using them next year with students. I think that even lower elementary students could use these to collaborate on writing projects. It would be wonderful for them to be able to work back and forth to perfect a sample.

I am finding that it is difficult to finish everything that I want to get done as the year closes. My mind is going in a million directions....I am hopeful that as Bill said that in about six months it will be much clearer as I think back through the past 16 months.

I am still confused how to anchor the professional portfolio page...how do you do two index pages and post in the same folder? Can you link pages off a page that is not an index page?

2 comments:

Kevin S said...

I sensed your passion for your "position paper" in your blog post. I think I'll abreviate blog posts as "bp." I wonder if British Petroleum will have any qualms?

Our group is committed to our position as well - bullying. We are subscribing to RSS feeds on the topic, and vicariously getting a sense of its pervasiveness in schools.

I believe that your dead on point when you suggest a writer's workshop for elementary school children using wikis. Since I'm on a roll with inventing abreviations, you could abreviate the Writers Wiki Workshop as www. What would the WC3 Consortium have to say about that? Hummmmm.....

Shannon R. said...

I too have a passion for our group's advocacy...Protected Planning for Elementary Teachers. It is just plain discrimination to not protect planning for all teachers, regardless of position or level. I can't wait to view your group's wiki!