Wednesday, June 6, 2007

June 6, 2007

As I sat in class this evening, I was thinking about how far we have come in just a year and a half. As we worked on our advocacy Wiki, I wondered what our product might have looked like two years ago....oh wait a Wiki two years ago...probably not!

It is so exciting to think about these tools and how we can introduce them to our colleagues and how they might use them in their classrooms. It would be wonderful to use the COWS to collaborate in the same room. Students can work together and watch the progress without uttering a spoken word...and as per my daughter no one talks on the phone anymore...this is their world.

Instead of emailing some of our ideas to Bill we just posted them on our Wiki...paperless....and we didn't even fill up us inbox.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

It is exciting to see how far we've come! It was especially funny tonight to see how we were talking about emailing everything and then it struck "us." We could post it on our ITSipedia and everyone who needs to see it, can and anyone who needs to edit it, can! Neat! By the way, I got the tickets tonight.

Cheryl said...

Jodi I would love to know your ideas for using the COWs and wikis together. I am really excited about actually having some time to explore and try new things next year. Maybe we could collaborate.

Kevin S said...

Summer days...I'll say so. It's hot and sticky. I'm keeping cool viewing your post, and I feel compelled to riposte. The wine has not been opened yet, so a rather grey-scale reply will have to do.

It is exciting to see how far we have come. It's even more exciting to think of where we're headed. Each of us will be a technology leader in our respective school(s)/organizations, and it will be important for us to champion the use of technology, or as Steve Hall put it "teach teachers a new way to fish."

Since I starred in your last video, I'm anxious to see your advocacy PSA.

Josh said...

It is nuts to see what has come out in such a small amount of time. I say small in the fact that it has only been like 1 1/2 years and this blog and wiki thing just keeps growing...THink what it will be like in 2 more years:) whoooooooo. I also think that the laptops are really going to get some great language arts activities. I think of all the areas that I need to work in is that area. I think that blogs and wikis can really help encourage tech use in language:O