Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tuesday evening

Wow...the beach is awesome. I thought about you this evening as I was enjoying my time with family. The weather is gorgeous....sitting on the beach and soaking up the sun is just what I want to be spending time doing.

There were dolphins swimming off shore and we watched them circle up and back. The ocean is calm and we have been kayaking! The kids have been playing with the skim board and trying their best to stay on it.

This evening we played Apples to Apples...interesting to watch how people connect the phrases.
The young guys have been playing PS2. I have watched them with intensity. They have this guitar game and I can't believe how fast they must react to be able to keep up with the song. My very physically handicapped nephew is a PS2 addict. He was playing College Football, and some shooting game...kind of amazing seeing he can only use one hand. He has figured out how to manipulate and can sometimes just direct the other player exactly what to do.

I have also played Sponge Bob Monopoly with my nephew...interesting how he compensates for his lack of reading ability. He will be twelve in December. He is witty, and very funny.

We have been launching water ballons at each other...and to the beach from our porches. I have laughed until I can cry....looking forward to the next few days before returning to VA and then off to PA.

No comments: